Thursday, January 6, 2011

College

So, I leave for the University of Montevallo Saturday for my 2nd semester of my first year in college. Am I excited? Yes. Am I really? No. My first semester was not what I expected. I was a music- ed trumpet major. The program was just asking to much out of you. It was exhausting and depressing. For one, the freshman class that I was apart of were just completely immature. Like, I felt the 7th graders in my old high-school were more mature than them. It was crazy. My whole time up there was spent in a practice room or in the recital hall listening to people play music that you really don't care about.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I love music. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for music and I love it for that reason. I always have a song or tune in my head, I'm always singing and I love that I wouldn't have it any other way. But doing it 24/7 for a lifetime teaching in school? I don't think I could do that. I really don't like school.

But now I'm starting over. I'm going back to my first major that I wanted to do. Writing. Creative writing. I love to write. It's something I've always enjoyed and it's something I'm good at too.

Even though I did meet my boyfriend in college :) And he's really great. So I guess something good did come out of it ;)


I'll see you when I'm back in Montevallo again!

No comments:

Post a Comment